Monday 4 July 2011

A long day, though somewhat creative

Oooog.  Our nephew and his girlfriend got home last night from 3 days short of 3 weeks in Prague, Czechoslovakia.  D'you think they'd let me go to bed so that I could get up early in the morn'?  Nahhhh. Lol.  Tired day.  But that's ok.  Here I be, creating my first blog in a few years.
A few days ago in continuing my thoughts on how to rearrange / rebuild my combination workshop / music composition-sound design low cost recording studio, I came up with the idea of building a set of 4 feet wide by 2 feet deep by 3 feet high tables.  Going with the smaller size, I'll then be able to arrange them as per requirements, far easier in the room than the 8 foot x 2 foot x 3 foot that I'd previously planned on building.  (Must keep in mind, my wife would like to have her 6'x4' pool table set up in the room's centre again.)


Though tired whilst at work, I did come up with some interesting twists for the tables, including using the purple and lime green colours that we sported and had around us in the yard, for our wedding on June 1111.  I'm going to see about obtaining stains in the same colours for staining all of the tables in various ways.  Colour is fun. :)
So - once I have some time, I'll get the first table built.  That'll give me room to mount my current modular synthesizer and some support gear on to.  With the audio gear in a rack, it can sit beside the table on the floor for the moment.  That'll at least allow me to begin doing some sound design for the moment as well.
More tables to be built after, to allow me to get back to building again, as I've more things on my building backlog than I'm able to keep track of. Lol.  Especially whilst 1/2 awake.

Anyhoo ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment